There’s nothing quite like cooking Japanese food in a Japanese way.
If you’re searching for an efficient and reliable yakitori grill, you’re in luck.
Our Best Yakitori Grills Guide will save you the stress of researching the best yakitori grill.
Before we tell you our favorite, we’ll give you some information on what to look out for.
Table of Contents
Yakitori Grills Buying Guide – what to consider before purchase
Before choosing any yakitori grill, there are certain factors you need to consider.
It’s these considerations that will make deciding much easier:
- Firstly, wherever you’re planning on buying a yakitori grill, do your research. See how much it costs in various online stores as well as in a physical shop. There are certainly some bargains to be had if you do your research well.
- Next, be sure to read reviews. Reviews are important and they’ll tell you what the product is really like and whether it will live up to your expectations.
- Read the specification. If you can’t see the product in person before you buy it because you’re buying it online, make sure you check out the specification and its measurements. As Yakitori grills are quite big, they can be a pain to send back if the measurements don’t meet your requirements or if something else isn’t as you had expected.
Here are some key questions to consider:
- Is the yakitori grill good value for money?
- What are the pros and cons of this yakitori grill?
- Is there enough information available on this product so that you know it meets your requirements?
Advantages of buying a yakitori grill online
Most people nowadays do a lot of online shopping.
Ever since the Covid-19 pandemic struck, people are much more used to buying online than ever before.
There are lots of advantages to this, including:
- Promotions – online stores often have a lot of discounts and promotional prices. There are frequently good deals to be had and more discounts compared to a retail shop. Many stores work with lots of dealers at once, which means the product is always available at a good price.
- Reliability – an online store is much more reliable. The growth of this industry means that you can really trust the big names out there. They have a huge cash flow, which means you know you’re getting a product at the right price.
- Niche markets – outside of Japan, a yakitori grill is somewhat of a niche product. Being able to shop online means that you can access products that you might not otherwise have been able to source.
Things to look out for when buying the best yakitori grill
If you’ve never used a yakitori grill before, you might not know what to look for when buying your grill.
Here are some recommendations.
No matter your budget, make sure what you’re getting is good value for money.
Research the products and their prices and you’ll soon work out what is a good deal and what isn’t.
When you’ve done your research, choose the best yakitori grill that’s within your budget.
Make and model
When many people buy a new yakitori grill, they’re often very brand loyal.
This means that they stick with what they know. All of the popular brands are popular for a reason.
If you’re trying out a lesser-known brand, you’ll need to do a lot more research to know that you’re getting a good product that’s reliable and packed with the features you require.
Speak to other users
Even if you’ve read online reviews, nothing can beat having a conversation with someone who already uses a yakitori grill.
Sometimes, this provides you with information that you simply can’t get in the mainstream.
User reviews are often pivotal in helping people choose the best yakitori grill so pay close attention to not only the average score but the number of reviews that have been written too.
When you consider the small percentage of people who actually give up their time to write a review, you know how great a product is when it has thousands of reviews.
This means it has sold a huge number.
Before you buy, you need to know what you’re getting in terms of functionality.
Look at the spec carefully to make sure you’re getting all of the features you need.
The Top 10 Best Yakitori Grills Compared
1. Fire Sense 60450
This is a classically designed, small yakitori grill that is ideal for tabletop use.
It is made from high-fired ceramic clay and has a solid, thick body, which is ideal for burning hardwood charcoal like binchotan.
This has an authentic Japanese design and features adjustable ventilation. It measures 7.09” x 17.73” x 10.24” and weighs 10.24 kg.
2. Kinka BBQ Diatomite 77 x 23
This Kinks BBQ Diatomite measures 77 cm x 3 cm x 20 cm and weighs just under 29 pounds.
This yakitori grill is made of Okuto diatomite and won’t get hot to touch on the stove exterior.
This style of grill radiates heat inwards.
Recommended to be used with alkaline coal ash.
3. Konro Hibachi Yakitori Grill
This grill comes with an additional metal strip across its body for strength.
It weighs 24 pounds and measures 21” x 9” x 7.8”. It is recommended to use binchotan with this grill for a true flavor.
This grill was made with diatomaceous earth bricks and fired at 1000˚ C. This means it is robust and won’t deteriorate, even with prolonged use.
There are air vents for temperature control. This grill can be used both indoors (if there is good ventilation) and outdoors.
4. Kinka BBQ Diatomite 54 x 23
This Kinka BBQ is similar to the second on our list but this time it is a more compact grill.
It measures 54 cm x 23 cm x 20 cm and weighs 24.3 pounds.
Like its larger version, this grill is made of Okuto diatomite, which doesn’t get hot on the exterior.
5. Japanese-Style BBQ Grill Portable
This is an excellent grill that has high heat resistance.
The heat is distributed evenly, which means it cooks really well. It’s very easy to clean and is safe and durable.
There is a hollowed air inlet that filters dust and regulated the air inside.
This grill measures 24 cm x 12. 5 cm x 15 cm.
6. Yatai Yokotyo Myt-800 29873
Weighing 1.4 kilograms and measuring 36.5 cm x 14.5 cm x 10.49 cm, this Yatai Tokotyo grill is an excellent grill with a great size.
This is large enough for a large family to enjoy grilled food Japanese-style.
7. Uten Portable Charcoal BBQ
This grill is both robust and portable.
It is lightweight, which makes it ideal for moving to picnics, on a camping trip, and anywhere outdoors.
The lifting handles are comfortable, and it has nonslip feet for safety. Due to its compact size, this grill can fit easily into the trunk of your car.
If you’re looking for a grill that is easy to set up and use, the Uten one certainly is.
You don’t need any tools to put it together. Simply fold out its lefts and it’s ready.
What’s great about this grill is that it comes with tools and utensils as well as a one-year money-back guarantee.
8. Moclever Folding Charcoal Grill
The Moclever grill is made with food-grade 430 stainless steel, which makes it healthy, safe, and easy to clean.
This can be folded down to become portable and it’s easy to carry thanks to its convenient carry handles.
The legs are reinforced and very stable during use. The grill is easy to add charcoal to and there is an ash trough for optimal cooking.
Finally, there are designated air vents to aid combustion.
This grill is ideal for up to four people:
- When assembled, it measures 43 cm x 29 cm x 24 cm
- When folded, it measures 43 cm x 29 cm x 6 cm.
It weighs 2kg.
With this grill, you also get utensils and equipment including a roast fork, a grill clip, a carbon clip, some tin foil, 2 brushes, 12 baking pins, 50 disposable gloves, and 90 bamboo sticks.
9. Puxing Japanese Tabletop BBQ Grill
The Puxing grill is durable, healthy, and safe thanks to its aluminum alloy and stainless-steel construction.
Food is heated evenly, and the gill is really easy to clean. It has a wood tray with insulating wood brackets to protect the table and insulate the grill.
There is also a hollowed air inlet that filters dust and regulates airflow.
Thanks to its size, the Puxing grill is portable and easy to store and carry. This makes it ideal for picnics, camping, and parties.
10. Binchotan Japanese Hibachi style yakitori Charcoal Konro Grill
Measuring 11 inches in length and 7.9 inches wide, the Binchotan Japanese grill by HinomaruSeitan is ideal for a family of a couple.
It weighs 4.3 kg and is really robust.
Unlike the other grills in this list, this one is a wonderful golden color.
What we also loved about this one was that almost all of the reviews about it were written in Japanese.
You know you’re onto a winner when the Japanese are rating it highly!
Whichever yakitori grill you go for, the most important thing is to check out if it meets your requirements.
Can you use it indoors? Is it the right size? Is it portable?
We hope that these top 10 best yakitori grills have inspired you in your search!
- 5 Best Japanese Makeup Brushes for a Flawless Finish
- 7 Benefits Of Tatami Mats You Should Know
- The Best Furoshiki Wrapping Cloths: Inspiration, Ideas & Cloths You Can Buy
- Cool Tenugui Towels (10 Best Ones with Bold Japanese designs)
- Japanese Yukata Ideas & Inspiration (20 Creative Ideas)
- 9 Places to See Ginkgo Trees